Thursday, March 18, 2010

365 Project-#6



Converse. All Stars. Chuck Taylor's. Chuck's. And my favorite nick name for these shoes, Convy's. As you can see from this picture I could probably be a Converse spokesperson if I really wanted to be. I was introduced to Chuck Taylor's when I was in grade school. A few of the kids wore them then. I didn't really think much of it at the time. Then again, in Jr. High a few kids had a pair here and there. Then came High School. In High School the world of Chuck Taylor's opened for me, and has been open ever since.

My first pair was the black pair you can see here. I wore them nearly everyday when I first got them as a freshman. Then as the years went by I grew less and less fond of them. Finally, I boxed them up and came to BYU in July of 2004. My Convy's came with me, but were left under my bed for the majority of that year...and the next....and the next. Then once again, I boxed them up so that I could go on a mission in 2007. In December of 2008 after I had returned home my Grandpa had given me some money for Christmas. The green pair you see here were my next purchase. I wore them everyday when I first got them. That is until I went to Colorado and spilt battery acid on them...making them almost impossible to wear (until I found some duct tape that is).

After nearly ruining my green pair of Chuck's, and wearing them with duct tape on them for months, I decided to acquire a new pair of shoes. This time though I didn't want just any shoe. I wanted to make the shoe myself. I went to www.converse.com and did just that. The green white and blue pair here were the result.

As was mentioned before, my birthday was last Friday. And so, for a birthday present to myself I decided to buy the red pair you see in the middle. I have always owned All Stars that were either green, blue, or black in color. Never red. But, this red pair of Converse shoes has already brought me a lot of happiness. I think I am going to enjoy them as I have all the others.


1 comment:

  1. I approve of this colorful shoe-age.
    :>
    Especially those rainbow shoelaces, mmm boy.

    ReplyDelete