Friday, April 2, 2010

365 Project-#20



Du-shane, that is how you say it. Some people call it Du-chess-knee, but that isn't right...though it is funny. This is the town I am "mostly" from. This is the town where I hide away each weekend when Provo and the big city life gets to much for me. This is the town my family is from. And the town where most of my friends live. Where I can ride horses, or hunt, or fish, or go for a drive out in the middle of no where, just because. This is the town where nothing really matters. Where you feel like you are days from anyone. And where you can find real peace.

Located 96.4 miles from my apartment in Provo, Duchesne is my home. I love it here, and I come as often as school and work allow. I am proud to be "mostly" from here. Yes, I went to high school in Illinois...but you know...when you really feel like you are from somewhere, I say that's where you are from. And that would be Duchesne for me. My whole family is from here...both of my parents were raised in this little town...of no more than 2,000 people. And feel more at home here than any other place I've ever lived. I love Duchesne, and I am grateful for the chance I have to come each weekend, spend time with my family, and detox from living in the hustle and bustle of Provo. It sure is nice, to clear my head.

2 comments:

  1. I was born in Roosevelt in Duchesne County Hospital. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice place to visit.
    Maybe some day I'll take a little
    trip out that way!
    (This is Kyle's farther)

    ReplyDelete