Friday, April 9, 2010

365 Project-#27



Today was productive. I drove to Duchesne, after sitting with my roommate Michelle for the majority of the day (she had her wisdom teeth out...ouch!). Got here, and before I came to see anyone I decided to drop a line in the water and see what I could catch. As soon as I dropped my line, I got a text on my phone. Lo and behold it was Uncle Shane, "Does the river look fishable?" His ESP amazes me sometimes. Anyway, after like 3 casts I snagged a little Brown. Pulled it into shore and decided it was too small to keep. The hook was easy enough to get out, and I put it back in the water and sent it on it's marry way. Uncle Shane continued to text me, and I continued to catch fish. After another 4 or 5 casts I snagged the next fish. It was nearly the same size as the first, but this time I was using my brain and decided to keep it. It is the fish on the right. Then after another 4 or 5 casts I caught the one on the left.

Upon returning home I called up my Uncle Brandon to see if he could help me fillet (since I've never done it) the fish I had caught. Pretty exciting stuff. The secret spot where I was fishing is usually always faithful with at least one fish. I have never caught more than 2 there though. Uncle Shane showed me this spot. He and Uncle Brandon seem to know where all the good ones are.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, you and your fish. I'm glad you caught some more after I ate that one in the freezer...
    Thanks for taking such good care of me baby! Yesterday was pretty hazy and drifty, couldn't have survived without you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me angry when people catch fish in duchesne. because i can never catch a fish arghh! Lorenzo Mecham

    ReplyDelete